Victorian lightweight Nick Patterson made short work of Steve Orosco last night in the Hex Fight Series 1 main event. ‘Banjo’ sent the previously undefeated American packing early in the opening round, after dropping the visitor on the feet before finishing him with punches on the ground.
The dominant victory makes it three in a row now for Patterson, who has only dropped one fight in his last eight starts, with that loss coming against newly UFC signed Kiwi Daniel Hooker.
In the co-main event, Steve Kennedy capped off an undefeated 2014 with a unanimous decision win over American Ran Weathers. The Perth standout, now undefeated in his last six outings, has won 10 of his last 11, with his last defeat coming at the hands of veteran Jesse Taylor over two years ago.
Hex Fight Series 1 took place at the Springers Leisure Centre in Keysborough, Victoria. A replay of the online stream will be available from December 20 at the Fight News Australia Live Fights Page for US$14.99.
- Nick Patterson def Steve Orosco via TKO (Punches), Rd 1
- Steven Kennedy def Ran Weathers via Decision (Unanimous)
- Rodolfo Marques def Alex Higley via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke), Rd 1
- Jordan Cameron def Luke Catubig via KO (Spinning Elbow), Rd 1
- Sam Hibberd def Anthony Crowley via Decision (Unanimous)
- Regan Neoh def Byron Cowell via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 2
- Anthony Trejo def Huynh Nguyen via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1
- Charlie Alaniz def Shantaram Maharaj via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Raphael Berthet vs Anthony Barbuto via Decision (Unanimous)