The bout headlined Eternal 62 which took place at HBF Stadium in Perth, Western Australia, with the main card broadcast live on UFC Fight Pass.
Erceg, a product from the Wilkes Martial Arts academy, had the hometown support on his side against Loga who was travelling from Sasson MMA in Queensland. The two had met back in May, 2019 with Erceg claiming a first-round TKO victory back then.
Loga has won back-to-back fights to earn his way back to title contention but the bout again finished in the first round, with Erceg wrapping up a tight mounted guillotine to earn the tap, only 2:31 into the bout.
Loga came forward but was countered by Erceg that sent him forward off balance. Erceg capitalised by wrapping up the neck. Loga desperately tried to escape however was countered by Erceg who forced the tap after securing the mount and squeezing it tightly.
“I threw the right hand. I don’t know if it hurt him or not. He did slip and I like the guillotine,” Erceg comments in his post-fight speech before calling for his spot in the UFC.
“Call Dana [White] now. I think I’m ready for those guys. Let’s go.”
A mounted guillotine also finished the semi-main event with Quillan Salkilld earning his first professional victory with a first-round submission over Nicko Flessas
- Stephen Erceg (c) def Paul Loga via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 2:31 – Eternal flyweight title
- Quillan Salkilld def. Nicko Flessas via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 2:01
- Jack Hayes def. Harvinder Mohar via Decision (Split – 29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Jesse Armstrong def. Khan Deatta via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:26
- Kevin Kophamel def. Jack Hooper via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 0:48
- Cory Amato def. Kaleb Steinnokel via Submission (Arm-Triangle Choke), Rd 1, 2:29
- Wyatt Fraser def. Cyprian Rogozinski via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 1:00
- Rusty Russell def. Mark Blackburn via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 1:11
- Julian Giustiniano def. Lorenz Aranedo via Decision (Split – 29-28, 29-28, 28-29)
- Cheryl Griffiths def. Jessie Jones via Decision (Unanimous – 30-27, 30-26, 30-26)
- Cory McKinnon def. Richard Eichorn via Decision (Unanimous – 30-27, 30-27, 29-28)