Jack Della successfully defended his Eternal welterweight title on Saturday night at Eternal MMA 37 with a first round stoppage over the previous unbeaten Dean Abramo.
The event took place at the at the WA Italian Club in Western Australia and was streamed online.
Both main event fighters relied on the jab to find their distance. Abramo had an early attempt at a takedown only for Della to counter and secure mount. In a dangerous position, Abrama scrambled to reverse. Della went for an armbar which gave him the space to escape back to the feet.
Abramo dropped the champ when a head-kick clipped the youngsters chin. Abramo immediately looked to pounce, which allowed Della to secure a takedown. There he gained a strong half-guard position and started landing elbows. Abramo again scrambled but this time Della took the back and landed heavy strikes to get the referee stoppage.
After dropping his first two professional bouts, Della has now one six in a row to move to 6-2 as a pro. Abramo drops to 4-1.
Hailing from England and now fighting out of the Phuket Top Team, Ben Royle added another win to his record with a submission over Luke Jones.
Both fighters landed singular but stiff strikes early in the fight. Royle perfectly timed a double-leg takedown to put Jones on his back. The Englishmen stayed heavy and took his opponents back where quickly sunk in the rear-naked choke to get the tap.
The win came 3:14 into the contest as Royle moves his record to 3-0 (2-0 within Eternal).
Former WMC Muay Thai World Champion Danial Williams had a successful professional MMA debut as he stopped Mark Familari in the third round.
‘Mini T’ Williams grew with confidence as the fight went on and that nearly cost the 25-year-old the fight. He dropped his guard in the second round and continued moving forward pummeling his opponent with heavy leg-kicks. Familari, a former state Muay Thai champion, connected with a straight left that wobbled and dropped Williams however he decided not to pounce, allowing Williams to recover.
The fight finished early in the third round with Williams landing a powerful counter left hook that dropped Familari. The 25-year-old put a full-stop on it with a pair of punches before the fight was called.
It’s the second event in the space of a week for the promotion who have a month break before returning to South Australia on October 27.
- Jack Della def. Dean Abramo via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:27- Eternal Welterweight Title
- Ben Royle def. Luke Jones via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 3:14
- Danial Williams def. Mark Familari via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 1:21
- Brodie Paino def. Josh Grove via Decision (Split)
- Cody Haddon def. Connor Small via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:45
- Frank Jankowski def. Darcy Spowart via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 1:51
- Ryan Witherington def. Yury Bonne via Decision (Unanimous)
- Stefan Pietropaolo def. Kev McReadie via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 1:56
- Tim Handley def. Jack McMillan via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:33
- Courtney Martin def. Lisa Kyriacou via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 1:55
- Garrett Misseldine def. Quilan Salkilld via Decision (Unanimous)
- Pablo Torrealba def. DJ Bowron via Decision (Unanimous)
- Roland Sudarsana def. Stefan Licastro via Decision (Unanimous)
- Darcy Edmeades def. Nathan Dewar via KO (Punch), Rd 1, 0:23
- Craig Bourke def. Gareth Emery via TKO (Punches), Rd 2, 1:05
- Harvindar Mohar def. Liam Hoskin via Decision (Unanimous)
- Shannon Staples def. Kane Rickus via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:37
- Mickey Kelly def. David Rumming via Decision (Unanimous)
- Craig Brown def. Joel Trouchet via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:59
- Coralie Kennedy def. Hayley Herbert via Decision (Unanimous)