Victorian lightweight Callan Potter extended his winning streak to seven on Saturday night, submitting Brentin Mumford in the main event of Eternal 29 to defend his Eternal lightweight title.
The event took place at the Southport Sharks AFL club on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Potter took centre of the cage and wouldn’t be long before he would close the distance and press Mumford against the cage. Supported by a vocal crowd, Mumford escaped and immediately began to throw strikes on the outside. Potter nicely timed and completed a double-leg takedown. In the scramble, Potter attempted to take the back and transitioned to the head-arm choke. To release the squeeze, Mumford turned away which allowed Potter to take the back, this time successfully securing the rear-naked choke submission to get the tap.
Not only was it Potter’s seventh win, but also his seventh straight stoppage, with six of them coming by way of submission. He moves to 15-6 while Mumford drops 9-5.
In the co-main event, Mitch Martin remained undefeated as a professional, stopping Gamebred MMA trained Tyrell Hogan in the third round by a TKO. It was the first defense of his Eternal bantamweight title after capturing it in Perth back in May.
- Callan Potter def. Brentin Mumford via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 3:43 – Eternal Lightweight title
- Mitch Martin def. Tyrell Hogan via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 2:04 – Eternal Bantamweight title
- Dimps Gillies def. Corbin Robertson via Decision (Unanimous)
- Joshua Francois def. Aaron Alexiou via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 0:49
- Hoani Selwyn def. Corey Cottle via KO (Punch), Rd 2, 0:16
- Naveed Hassanzada def. James Stroud via Decision (Unanimous)
- Mitch Bayliss def. Rob Ohlander via Decision (Unanimous)
- Casey O’Neill def. Tina Trinh via TKO (Corner Stoppage), Rd 2, 3:00
- Tom Taylor def. Jack Reid via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 1:50
- Clay Pemberton def. Junior Togia via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:34
- Sam Nix def. Michael Malaki via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 1:06
- Noah Cooney def. Scott Nicholson via KO (Punches), Rd 2, 0:50
- Scott Hewish def. Beau Larsen Risk via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2, 2:28
*Results via promotion