Brentin Mumford secured his second straight victory on Saturday night, this time knocking out Greg Atzori at Eternal MMA 26 last night which was branded as World Series of Fighting – Global Championship 6.
The lightweight bout headlined the card, which took place at Southport Sharks AFL Club and was streamed live via online pay-per-view.
Mumford came into the contest fresh off a stoppage against former UFC fighter Ben Wall in March and made his case for a title shot in the lightweight division, with a highlight reel finish against Atzori. Mumford perfectly timed a spinning heel kick that knocked his opponent off his feet. He followed that up with a lone punch before the referee intervened.
The win came 1:55 into the bout as Mumford puts himself clearly in line to face current Eternal lightweight champion Callan Potter.
— Fight News Australia (@fightnewsaus) July 9, 2017
In a super-fight between respective Reign Fighting and Eternal title holders, it would be the Reign champion, Jack Della, who would unify the titles stopping Ty Duncan with strikes early in the second round.
After losing his first two professional bouts, Jack Della has since won three on the trot with the latest win being his biggest to date.
Also on the card, Justin Van Heerden secured a first-round rear-naked choke in his professional debut against Aaron Fisher while Glen Pettigrew locked up a modified arm-lock submission in the second-round against Brandt Cogill.
Full Results (Pro):
- Brentin Mumford def. Greg Atzori via KO (Strikes), Rd 1, 1:55
- Jack Della def. Ty Duncan via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 0:19
- Justin Van Heerden def. Aaron Fisher via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:00
- Glen Pettigrew def. Brandt Cogill via Submission (Tarantula Arm Lock), Rd 1, 3:54
Full Results (Amateur):
- Peter Smith def. Viktor Ah via Decision (Unanimous)
- Mitch Bayliss def. Deegon McGurren via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 1, 2:03
- Bruce Qurbani vs. Ben Edmonstone via Decision (Unanimous)
- Tom Nolan vs Pati Lemai – No Contest (Accidental Eye Poke)
- Daniel Ung def. Sadegh Vali via KO (Knee), Rd 1, 2:49
- Dan Kelly def. Dan Carroll via Decision (Unanimous)
- Fight of the Night – Peter Smith vs. Viktor Lyall
- KO of the Night – Brentin Mumford
- Sub of the Night – Glen Pettigrew