Jack Becker walked away with the Eternal lightweight title on Saturday with a first-round stoppage over Daniel Hill in the main event of Eternal 61.
Hill looked good early with his hands however the leg kicks from Becker were also finding their mark in the opening minutes and it would be the leg kicks that would be the start of the end for his opponent. Becker tried to mix it up, shooting in for takedowns that there defended by Hill before a pair of big leg kicks forced Hill to switch stance late in the first round.
Becker pressured and landed his punches as he pressed Hill back against the cage where a strong uppercut crumbled Hill. Becker immediately followed up with a knee to a downed opponent as the referee closed in. Becker did not immediately celebrate and post-fight officials deliberated over the final decision because of that final knee.
In the end, the officials decided that Becker had ended the contest with the uppercut, thus he walked away with the lightweight title.
Becker moves to 9-2 in his pro career while Hill suffers his first loss to drop to 5-1.
In the semi-main event, David Martinez put his recent losses in the rear-view mirror with a unanimous decision victory over Dimps Gillies.
Also on the card, Abdalla Eltigani was looking comfortable against Diego Pereira before Pereira secured a slick heel-hook submission to get the tap in the second round while Jack James made an impressive professional debut, submitting Nick Kepu with a second-round rear-naked choke submission.
- Jack Becker def. Dan Hill via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1. 4:42 – Eternal lightweight title
- David Martinez def. Dimps Gillies via Decision (Unanimous)
- Diego Pereira def. Abdalla Eltigani via Submission (Heel-Hook), Rd 2, 1:33
- Jack James def. Nick Kepu via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 3:47
- Dom Mar Fan def. Tasar Malone via Submission (Triangle Choke), Rd 2, 0:58
- Sebastian Ortiz def. Jonathan Kuhn via TKO (Punches), Rd 3, 2:18
- Jerron Wagg def. Dwayne Thaggard via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 3, 2:14
- Alex Ross def. Mitch Ferdi via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 1:45
- Alessandra Sousa def. Gemma Pateman via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:17
- Cooper Burston def. Liam Hall via Submission (Armbar), Rd 1, 2:29
- Bayden Toogood def. Damien Tse via Decision (Unanimous)