Eternal women’s strawweight titleholder Casey O’Neill successfully defended her championship belt on Saturday night with a first-round submission over Jada Ketley.
The bout headlined Eternal 46 which took place at the Southport Sharks AFL Club on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
O’Neill came out aggressive, throwing one-two punches with Ketley landing a counter of her own before the two clinched against the cage. Ketley defended the takedown and despite her opponent’s constant pressure was holding her own standing, however, once it hit the ground, the Southside MMA trained O’Neill took control. O’Neill threw down punches from the mount and when Ketley turned and gave up her neck, the ‘King’ snatched on the rear-naked choke to get the win.
The stoppage came only 2:32 into the fight. After losing her first two amateur bouts, the 21-year-old has rebounded to win five amateur bouts and her two professional bouts to extend her winning streak. Ketley, a Muay Thai fighter, was making her MMA debut.
In the co-main event, John Martin Fraser scored the biggest win of his short career with a second-round stoppage over BJJ Black Belt, Daniel Almeida. Training out of Noke Martial Arts, Fraser showed a crisp range of strikes, mixing up attacks to the head and body to drop Almeida in the second round. A filed takedown attempt from Almeida was punished by Fraser who rained down punches to force the referee to halt the contest.
Also on the card, Chelsea Hackett won a unanimous decision against Danielle Hayes while Corbin Robertson edged Dishon Ravindran via a split points decision. In the first pro fight of the night, Ty Duncan recovered from being on the bottom to submit Jimmy O’Brien by rear-naked choke.
- Casey O’Neill def. Jada Ketley Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 2:32 – Eternal women’s strawweight title
- John Fraser def. Daniel Almeida via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:51
- Chelsea Hackett def. Danielle Hayes via Decision (Unanimous)
- Corbin Robertson def. Dishon Ravindran via Decision (Split)
- Ty Duncan def. Jimmy O’Brien via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 3:40
- Rafael Vilches def. Josh Francois via Decision (Unanimous)
- Semakadde Kakembo def. James Sargison via Decision (Unanimous)
- Brandon Stowers def. Kaan Zaman via Decision (Unanimous)
- Levi Gonzales def. Rob Pelle via TKO (Punches), Rd 1, 2:22
- Amir Naeme def. Oden Muscat via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2, 0:54
- Joshua Pyle def. Dean Abbott via Decision (Unanimous)
- Bruce Qarbani def. Jason Gunawan via Decision (Unanimous)
- Luke Smoother def. Jeff McCann via Submission (Guillotine Choke), Rd 1, 1:28
- Guy Slacksmith def. Kemal Garanovic via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 0:09
- Ollie Nielson def. Kyle Johnson via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:38