Mitch Martin puts the Eternal bantamweight title and his undefeated record on the line this Saturday when he faces Chris “Kewlbonez” Morris.
The bout headlines Eternal MMA 30 which will take place at the Southport Sharks AFL Club on Queensland’s Gold Coast. The event will be the first of three events in the span of five weeks that the promotion is set to host with visits to Perth and Adelaide also lined up.
Training out of the MMA Clinic in Western Australia, Martin (4-0) will be looking to defend the bantamweight title for the second time after succesfully defending it back in October against Tyrell Hogan. Martin won the title back in May last year with a second round stoppage over former pro motocross rider Mick Addison.
His in for a stern test with be Southside MMA trained “Kewlbonez” Morris (11-7) being the most experienced opponent of Martin’s short career. A former Reign bantamweight title holder, Morris has fought and defeated some of the best local fighters including Regan Neoh and Callum Lewis recently and the likes of Jacob Mahony and Shannon Ross back in 2013. Morris returns from an unsuccessful attempt at challenging for the Rebel Fighting Championships title in China back in September.
Also on the card, Kieran Cronin from the Infinity North Lakes gym makes his professional debut against fellow debutant Andrew Khare from Perosh MMA. Both guys had solid amateur success and will be looking to translate that to a successful pro career.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Mitch Martin (c) vs. Chris Morris – Eternal bantamweight title
- Kieran Cronin vs. Andrew Khare
- Jack Tuave vs. Jake Logan
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Michael Williams vs. Dimps Gillies
- Tim Schultz vs. Aidan Nowfell
- Mitch Bayliss vs. Brandon Stowers
- Corey Lynch vs. Tye Wall
- Boston Caines vs. Joey Karami
- Noah Cooney vs. Casey Murnane
- Jerome Faraimo vs. Ben Shellim
- Dan O’Rourke vs. Daniel Ung
- Luke Davies vs. Mark Richardson
- George Dailly vs. Harris Agovic
- Mack Gorrie vs. Mat Myers
- Beau Larsen Risk vs. Steve Parry