A pair of featherweight fights headline Eternal 36 tomorrow night with the winner of the main event between Diego Pereira and Sam Hibberd likely earning themselves a title shot.
Training out of the Southside MMA gym in Queensland, Pereira has won two fights on trot however was forced to work for it in his last outing before edging a split points decision against the durable Kairin Moses. He steps up now to face the most experienced opponent of his short career in Sam ‘Slammin’ Hibberd.
Hibberd comes to the fight training out of the experienced Absolute MMA gym in Victoria. The 29-year-old had an impressive Eternal debut back in July where he edged the previously undefeated Aaron Blackie by decision.
Both Pereira and Hibberd bring a fast paced style so whatever happens and with a title shot within reach, won’t be looking to take a backward step. Hibberd weighed in heavy at the official weigh-ins and has taken financial penalty into the bout.
Also in the featherweight division, Aaron Blackie returns after suffering his first loss recently and takes on Jordan Wallace while a catchweight 90 kilogram bout puts BJJ Black Belt Daniel Almeida against the experienced Jeff King.
The promotions seventh event of the year is set to take place at the Southport Sharks AFL Club on Queensland’s Gold Coast.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Diego Pereira vs. Sam Hibberd
- Aaron Blackie vs. Jordan Wallace
- Daniel Almeida vs. Jeffrey King
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Casey O’Neill vs. Kristy Obst
- Tom Taylor vs. Chanthou Sin
- Mitch Bayliss vs. Callum Dudley
- Jack Williams vs. Cody Watego
- Molly O’Connell vs. Linda Hafoka
- Rafael Vilches vs. Michael Letizia
- Jordan Payne vs. Mack Gorrie
- Chris Thorne vs. Joe Marsden
- George Dailly vs. Alvarro Navarro
- Liam Skelton vs. Alex Atutahi
- Kane Sullivan vs. Taavet Taevakiiker