South Australia’s Shane Mitchell was in action on Sunday in the main event of Diamondback Fighting Championships 12 where he took on a returning David Butt.
Mitchell walked away with the victory as he secured a rear-naked choke submission which forced Butt to submit in the first round of their welterweight contest.
Since losing to Rick Alchin back in 2018, Mitchell has now won three on the trot as he moved his professional record to 12-4 and in the process, walked away with an ISKA title belt.
“Let’s move on to some bigger and better things, I want that contract,” he posted on social media following the win hinting at an opportunity in the UFC which he has petitioned for in the past.
The semi-main event bout turned into a complete bloodbath with local fighter Dan Currie suffering a cut in the first round. The bout and the blood continued until the judges were needed to declare the winner with his opponent, Queensland’s Sebastian Temesi getting the unanimous decision nod.
The event took place at the William Magarey Room at Adelaide Oval in South Australia.
- Shane Mitchell def. David Butt via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1
- Sebastian Temesi def. Dan Currie via Decision (Unanimous)
- Jay Mavromihalis def. Josh Frank via Submission (Heel-Hook)
- Louis Pasin def. Mark Masefield via Decision (Unanimous)
- Damian Volar def. James Marshall via TKO
- Tahlia Graetz def. Samara Adams via TKO
- Joe Brown def. Will Sutton via TKO
- Seid Hasanovic def. Kees Voerhuis via TKO
- Sam Niejalke def. Jesse Murray via Decision (Split)
- Ryan Jankowski def. Anthony Lioulios via TKO
- Jed Dale def. Sekou Kamara via Submission
- Dean McCrohan def. Denilson Coelho via TKO
*Image via Diamondback FC/Justin WhiteJustin White