Sara Collins claimed the vacant women’s Demolition Fight Series featherweight championship on Saturday night.
Training out of the Resilience Training Centre in Melbourne, Collins overcame some early adversity to lock on an armbar in the second round which forced her opponent Annie Thatcher to tap.
Thatcher had competed at bantamweight in her last outing before moving up to featherweight for this contest.
With the win, Collins moves her career to 2-0 while Thatcher drops to 2-1.
View this post on Instagram
The bout headlined the Demolition Fight Series 4 card which took place at the Club Italia Sporting Club in Victoria on Saturday night.
Also on the card, Jack Lyons moves to 2-0 in his pro career with a TKO finish over Petaia Samosoni.
- Sara Collins def. Annie Thatcher via Submission (Armbar), Rd 2
- Jack Lyons def. Petaia Samosoni via TKO
- Harry Webb def. Mark Reyment via KO
- Jonathan Micallef def. Peter Pirona via KO (Head-Kick)
- Michael Alsop def. Terence Tadebois via Decision
- Rupert Bede def. Channo Lopez via Decision
- Brayden Buttigieg def. Anthony Briggs via Decision (Unanimous)
- Dee Samasoni def. Travis Bywater via TKO, Rd 1
- Jacob Lepage def. Kamis Banek via Decision
- Mina Kaldas def. Ali Asad via Submission (Armbar)
- Harry Chryssasfis def. Michael Karaoglanis via Decision
- Blake Schubach def. James Buhagiar via Submission
- Seamus Butler def. Logan Millar via Decision (Split)
*Image via Demolition Fight Series and W.L Fight Photography