Victorian Daniel Kelly will now face American Steve Montgomery on the UFC 193 Melbourne card after his previous opponent Ricardo Abreu was forced to withdraw from the event.
Promotion officials confirmed the change after an initial report from the Herald Sun.
Kelly will look to adjust to a different style of opponent as Montgomery stands 13cm taller than Kelly’s previous opponent. Montgomery will also move up to the middleweight division after going down in his UFC debut back in June. There Montgomery was stopped in the first-round by Tony Sims.
A four-time Australian Judo Olympian, Kelly is coming off his first career loss back in May where he suffered a TKO loss to Sam Alvey. Prior to that the 37-year-old had won his opening two fights in the UFC against Luke Zachrich and Pat Walsh.
- Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm – UFC women’s bantamweight title
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Valerie Letourneau – UFC women’s strawweight title
- Robert Whittaker vs Michael Bisping
- Mark Hunt vs Antonio Silva
- Jared Rosholt vs Stefan Struve
- Jake Matthews vs Akbarh Arreola
- Kyle Noke vs Peter Sobotta
- Anthony Perosh vs Gian Villante
- Richard Walsh vs Steve Kennedy
- Ben Nguyen vs Ryan Benoit
- Richie Vaculik vs Danny Martinez
- Brendan O’Reilly vs James Moontasri
- Daniel Kelly vs Steve Montgomery