Danial ‘Mini T’ Williams made it two wins on the trot in One Championship as he worked his way to a decision victory against Namiki Kawahara.
The bout opened up the main card of ONE Championship: Reloaded which took at Singapore Indoor Stadium on Friday night.
It wasn’t always going the way of the Aussie, with Kawahara having a dominant first round, securing takedowns and taking the back of Williams who did well to avoid any significant damage.
The two early takedown attempts from Kawahara failed in the second round as Williams began to stalk his opponent around the cage. Williams landed a flush right that dropped his opponent, and momentarily looked for a choke before giving that up to continue ground-and-pound. Williams stood back and the two traded punches. A flush knockdown hurt Kawahara again and he looked to take the back from a takedown. Willliams though was able to escape.
Kawahara took the back again in the third round but Williams escaped, only for Kawahara to secure another. Williams reversed and after some small ground-and-pound, stood up. The Aussie tired and Kawahara finished strong towards the final bell.
We went to the judge’s scorecards in a fight where Kawehara dominated the ground game thought the damage advantage went to Williams. The judges unanimously agreed, awarding him the decision victory to Williams who moved his MMA record to 5-1.
Post-fight he spoke about his goals in both MMA and Muay Thai, where he is already ranked as the number 5 contender.
“I want to be in the top 5 in the strawweight [MMA] division. Guys like Jeremy Miado excite me. Really good boxer. I’m sure that camp will make me keep my hands up to not get hit too much. So I’m chasing fights like that. I really want to break into the top 5. I am also in the top 5 for Muay Thai so also any one of them.”
“I really want to work towards two golds. MMA, Muay Thai, Special Rules. Whatever it is. I’m a Martial Artist.”
- Regian Eersel def. Arian Sadikovic via Decision (Unanimous) – Kickboxing
- Smilla Sundell def. Jackie Buntan via Decision (Unanimous) – Muay Thai
- Jarred Brooks def. Bokang Masunyane via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 4:39 – MMA
- Liam Harrison def. Muangthai PK.Saenchai via TKO, Rd 1, 2:19 – Muay Thai
- Song Min Jong def. Chen Rui via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:26 – MMA
- Danial Williams def. Namiki Kawahara via Decision (Unanimous) – MMA
- Gustavo Balart def. Yosuke Saruta via Decision (Unanimous) – MMA
- Andrei Stoica def. Giannis Stoforidis via Decision (Majority) – Kickboxing
- Anissa Meksen def. Marie Ruumet via Decision (Unanimous) – Muay Thai
- Windson Ramos def. Woo Sung Hoon via Decision (Unanimous) – MMA
- Dayane Cardoso def. Ayaka Miura via TKO, Rd 2, 0:56 – MMA
- Abraao Amorim def. Dae Sung Park via TKO, Rd 2, 1:20 – MMA
- Jin Tae Ho def. Agilan Thani via Submission (Kimura), Rd 1, 2:23 – MMA
- Mikey Musumeci def. Masakazu Imanari via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), 4:09 – Submission Grappling
- Keanu Subba def. James Yang via Decision (Unanimous) – MMA