Sunshine Coast local Ty Duncan will look to defend his Coastal Combat welterweight title for the first time this Saturday as he faces Adrenaline MMA trained Mat Myers in the main event of Coastal Combat 9.
Bringing a 5-2 record, the Combat Lab athlete will be looking to make it three wins on the trot as he looks to make a stride in a talented regional welterweight division.
Myers brings a 2-1 record but his lack of experience on paper should not be discounted, having defeated the more experienced Hoshi Friedrich in the past and lone loss coming against Kevin Jousset.
Also on the card, Jack Becker from Perth steps in to face Aidan Aguilera in an interstate match-up while Wade Sclater returns from a long lay-off to face Gregory Hearne in a light-heavyweight bout.
How to watch Coastal Combat 9 anywhere in the world?
The event will be streamed exclusively via online sports broadcaster Cleeng with a PPV listing of AU$40.00. .
What time will Coastal Combat 9 take place in Australia?
The event takes place at Nambour Showgrounds on Saturday, 17 April with the broadcast details showing a start time of 5:55pm AEST.
Fight Card (Pro):
- Ty Duncan (c) vs. Mat Myers – Coastal Combat welterweight title
- Jack Becker vs. Aiden Aguilera
- Wade Sclater vs. Gregory Hearne
Fight Card (Amateur):
- Julian Prowse vs. Jaden Dalrymple
- Deegon McGurren vs. Cooper Smith
- Declan Wolfinden vs. Viktor Lyall
- Troy Fumo vs. Bruce Qurbani
- JayJay Te Huia vs. Christian Lapam
- Jamie Edenden vs. Bonnie Gillespie
- Jake Pitfield vs. Val Sharipov
- Erin Carter vs. Rebecca Cerra
- Caleb Miller vs. Andrew Welsh
- Dazz Kolovos vs. Michael Hodgson
*Last Updated: 13 April 2021