Celest Hansen has suffered her first defeat as a ONE Championship fighter.
The Australian Muay Thai star went down to Hong Kong’s Yu Yau Pui by unanimous decision at ONE Friday Fights 29 on August 18. The fight took place at the historic Lumpinee Boxing Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand.
The story of the fight was the relentless output of Yu, who immediately charged forward as the opening bell rang
Hansen kept her cool and searched for openings to fire back and get to work in the clinch, but Yu was relentless throughout the first round.
Round two was more competitive as Hansen showed her strength in the clinch to land some knees but overall, the sheer volume of Yu likely won her the round.
The onslaught continued in the third, as Yu showed no signs of slowing down. Hansen hung tough and continued to dominate the clinch, but ultimately was outworked throughout the fight despite managing to avoid any serious damage.
Yu improved her ONE record to 4-0 with the win, and surely can’t be far away from one of the six-figure contracts that are on offer on the Friday Fights platform. The 30-year-old also added another Aussie to her 26-2-3 overall record after her TKO win over another Devina Martin back in March.
Hansen falls to 2-1 under the ONE banner, after claiming a contract of her own with a historic win at the Road to ONE tournament in 2022. The 29-year-old’s overall record now stands at 37-15-1.
ONE Friday Fights 29 full results (international)
- Bantamweight Muay Thai: Fariya Aminipour defeated Pongsiri PK Saenchai via unanimous decision
- Bantamweight Kickboxing: Elbrus Osmanov defeated Wail Karroumi via unanimous decision
- Catchweight (128lb) Muay Thai: Rambong Sor Therapat defeated Noelisson Silva via TKO (corner stoppage) R2, 3:00
- Atomweight Muay Thai: Yu Yau Pui defeated Celest Hansen via unanimous decision
- Welterweight MMA: Agilan Thani defeated Magomedmurad Khasaev via submission (rear-naked choke) R2, 3:14
- Flyweight MMA: Chayan Oorzhak defeated Andrey Chelbaev via TKO (referee stoppage) R2, 5:00