After a couple of COVID-related false starts, Bushido Fight Night made it’s debut at the beautiful Thornbury Theatre in Melbourne on November 27th.
The promotion is attempting a bit of a more traditional take on martial arts, complete with fighter uniforms for the amateurs and even an Eastern-style opening ceremony.
The card was a mix of pro and amateur contests, consisting of all local Victorian talent.
- Ciaran Daly defeated David Gillies via TKO (punches), Rd 1
- James Andrews defeated Mathew Kindred via submission (arm triangle choke), Rd 2
- Fadi Marooki defeated Bradley Gough via unanimous decision (30-27 x3)
- Jaiven Callander defeated Sam Matafonov via KO (head kick), Rd 2
- Laurance Lockington defeated Pele Uluilelata via submission (rear-naked choke), Rd 2
- Jack Stanton defeated Tom Andrews via unanimous decision (29-28 x3)
- Kirk Blay defeated Zane Stradling via TKO (ground and pound), Rd 1