With an injury to William Macario ahead of UFC 193, Aussie Brendan O’Reilly will now face James Moontasri, as reported by The Brisbane Times. The German, who is currently based in Los Angeles, is coming off a loss to Kevin Lee and is currently 1-2 in the UFC giving him plenty of reasons to seek redemption in his upcoming bout.
O’Reilly is currently 6-1 in his professional MMA career, with his sole loss coming in his UFC debut against Zhang Lipeng back in August 2014. Despite the change in opponent the Aussie remains focused on what lays ahead. “I’m excited for the fight, I think it will bring the best out in me as a martial artist and that’s what I got into MMA for, to test my skills under pressure,” told the Brisbane Times.
The welterweight bout will take place on the preliminary card of UFC 193 which will be the biggest stage either of these fighters has competed on in their careers. UFC 193 is expected to break UFC attendance records when it is held at Etihad Stadium on November 15. Tickets are available now via TicketMaster.
- Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm – UFC women’s bantamweight title
- Joanna Jedrzejczyk vs Valerie Letourneau – UFC women’s strawweight title
- Mark Hunt vs Antonio Silva
- Robert Whittaker vs Michael Bisping
- Jake Matthews vs Akbarh Arreola
- Kyle Noke vs Peter Sobotta
- Anthony Perosh vs Gian Villante
- Daniel Kelly vs Ricardo Abreu
- Richard Walsh vs Steve Kennedy
- Jared Rosholt vs Stefan Struve
- Brendan O’Reilly vs James Moontasri
- Richie Vaculik vs Danny Martinez
- Ben Nguyen vs Ryan Benoit