Back in August of last year, Russian veteran Alexander Povetkin scored an upset knock-out of Dillian Whyte and he will look to prove that it was no fluke as the two meet again Gibraltar this weekend.
41-year-old Povetkin brings a 36-2-1 record while Whyte, from the U.K, sits at 27-2.
Whyte again comes in as the hot favourite paying 1.25 for the win on Sportsbet.com.au while Povetkin pays 3.75.
How to watch Povetkin vs Whyte 2 in Australia?
The heavyweight blockbuster will be streamed exclusively on DAZN.
The new streaming service rolled out in Australia earlier this year and features a host of boxing’s biggest match-ups
On days where blockbuster fights can cost over $50, the subscription price of $2.99 to see the best in the world in action is an absolute bargain.
What time will Alexander Povetkin vs Dillian Whyte take place in Australia?
The bout will take place out of the Europa Points Sports Complex in Gibraltar with the main card launching at 6 am AEDT on Sunday, 28 March 2021. The main event between Povetkin & Whyte is estimated to start around 9:30 am AEDT.
Why is it taking place in Gibraltar?
The bout was originally scheduled to take place in London earlier in the month however Whyte was preparing for the bout in Portugal which at the time was on Covid-19 quarantine list, meaning Whyte would need to quarantine upon his return, impacting his training.
Gibraltar does not have such quarantine rules for people driving from Portugal and the bout was moved there and according to DAZN, 500 will be allowed to attend.
Full Canelo Alvarez vs. Avni Yildirim fight card
- Alexander Povetkin (36-2-1) vs. Dillian Whyte (27-2) – Povetkin’s WBC interim heavyweight titles
- Ted Cheeseman (16-2-1) vs. JJ Metcalf (21-0) – Vacant British super welterweight title
- Chris Kongo (16-2-1) vs. Michael McKinson (19-0) – Kongo’s WBO global welterweight title
- Fabio Wardley (10-0) vs. Eric Molina (27-6) – heavyweight
- Erik Pfeifer (7-0) vs. Nick Webb (16-2) – heavyweight
- Youssef Khoumari (11-0-1) vs. Kane Baker (14-7) – super featherweight
*Last Updated: 26 March 2021