Australian heavyweight Benjamin ‘Seki’ Sosoli has been confirmed as a contestant on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter.
Sosoli has based himself under UFC veteran Daniel Kelly at the Resilience Training Centre. The 28-year-old brings a 6-2 professional MMA record and has notable boxing victories over former national champions Colin Wilson and Bob Mirovic. In MMA, Sosoli is riding a three fight winning streak and in his last outing defeated Mike Turner to claim the Diamondback Fighting Championships heavyweight title.
Alongside the eight heavyweights, TUF 28 will also feature women’s featherweight athletes with the season titled “Heavy Hitters”.
Current UFC middleweight champion Robert Whittaker will oversee the athletes as one of the coaches with title challenger Kelvin Gastelum confirmed as the opposition coach.
The season will debut on August 30 with the live finale taking place at Palms Casino Resort in Las Vegas on December 1 AEST.
- Anderson Da Silva (3-0-1), Aged 31 from Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Benjamin Sosoli (6-2), Aged 28 from Melbourne, Australia
- Josh Parisian (7-2), Aged 28 from Brighton, Michigan, USA
- Juan Francisco Espino Diepa (8-1), Aged 37 from Las Palmas, Spain
- Justin Frazier (10-2), Aged 28 from Cave City, Arizona, USA
- Maurice Greene (5-2), Aged 31 from St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA
- Michel Batista (4-0), Aged 34 from Miami, Florida, USA
- Przemyslaw Mysiala (22-9-1), Aged 35 from Maidenhead, England
- Bea Malecki (2-0), Aged 26 from Stockholm, Sweden
- Julija Stoliarenko (4-2-1), Aged 25 from Launas, Lithuania
- Katharina Lehner (7-1), Aged 28 from Cologne, Germany
- Larissa Pacheco (11-2), Aged 23 from Belem, Brazil
- Leah Letson (4-1), Aged 25 from Milwaukee, Wisconis, USA
- Macy Chiasson (2-0), Aged 26 from New Orleans, Louisiana
- Marciea Allen (7-2), Aged 36 from Wood Dale, Illinois, USA
- Pannie Kianzad (9-3), Aged 26 from Copenhagen, Denmark