Only days after his wife gave birth to twins, Stewart Nicoll entered the cage and was able to earn the stoppage to keep his undefeated record intact.
Coming from Guam, Eclavea showed heart in trying to stay in the contest but it would be Nicoll who would dominate the ground game in particular.
In the second round, Nicoll, an instructor at Broz Martial Art, confidently defended a heel hook attempt from his opponent. He saw the opportunity to unload with sharp elbows that forced Eclavea to cover up. Nicoll looked to secure a rear-naked choke submission but without the hooks, he continued with heavy ground-and-pound, switching between elbows and big downward punches.
The strikes piled and with Eclavea not improving his position, the referee halted the contest late in the second round.
Nicoll moves his record to 6-0 while Eclavea drops to 3-3 as a pro.
“First and foremost, A round of applause for my wife who is here. She just gave birth to twins on Wednesday night and she is here. She is absolutely an amazing woman. My number one supporter and I wouldn’t be here without her so first-and-foremost thanks to my wife Olivia,” Nicoll said in his post-fight speech.
“This is just the icing on the cake. The cherry on top. It’s been a crazy week. Been in hospital for two days and stuff so it’s been a rough week but we made weight and did our thing.”
“Thank you to Scotty [Eclavea] for coming out here from Guam,” he ended before thanking his sponsors.
In the semi-main event, Tim Schultz scored a big win over Michael Stanoff while in another professional bout, Paul Loga dominated en route to a unanimous points decision against Guam international Peter Benevente.
- Stewart Nicoll def. Scott Eclavea via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 4:44
- Tim Schultz vs. Michael Stanoff via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 2, 2:24
- Paul Loga def. Peter Benevente via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Joe Davis def. Joel England via TKO (Strikes), Rd 1, 3:06
- Ken Viliamu def. Creedence Anderson via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 3:58
- George Mangos def. Caleb Miller via Submission, Rd 1, 1:59
- Jack James def. Edimar Teixeira via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 3:08
- Tom Ackerly def. Max Kelly via Decision (Unanimous: 29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Ethan Mitchell def. Deegon McGurren via TKO (Strikes), Rd 2, 2:54
- Ashley Rodger def. Valentin Melagrani via Decision (Unanimous: 30-27, 29-28, 30-27)
- Leon Katsiaras def. Mattheus Frustockl via Decision (Unanimous: 29-25, 29-27, 29-26)
- Chloe Henry def. Jasmine Nikora TKO (Strikes), Rd 3, 2:27
- Alexander Torres vs. Justin Hammond via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke), Rd 1, 1:29
Note the full card is available to watch for free below: