Veteran Australian promotion Eternal MMA has announced that they have signed a multi-event deal with to broadcast their events live via UFC Fight Pass.
The upcoming Melbourne event, Eternal MMA 48, which features four professional title fights, will serve as the inaugural event broadcast on the platform.
“Eternal MMA is dedicated to raising the profile of the sport and the athletes in the Australian Pacific region,” said Eternal MMA founder, Cam O’Neill via a press-release.
“With subscribers in more than 200 countries, UFC FIGHT PASS provides our athletes unrivalled global exposure, gaining them opportunities that were otherwise not possible.
We’re excited to showcase our talent to the hardcore fight fans of the world,” he concluded.
Fight News Australia understands that negotiations have been ongoing for a while.
The upcoming event, the first in Victoria for the promotion, will take place in Melbourne just two nights before Rob Whittaker takes on Israel Adesanya for the middleweight championship.
The event will be headlined by middleweight champion Isi Fitikefu, who notably is a training partner of Whittaker. The undefeated 5-0 fighter will take on the more experienced local Kitt Campbell, who has a record of 10-3.
It’s the second Australian promotion to feature on UFC Fight Pass with the now-defunct Brace promotion featuring on the platform in 2015.
- Isi Fitikefu (c) vs. Kitt Campbell – Eternal middleweight title
- Jack Della (c) vs. Kevin Jousset – Eternal welterweight title
- Casey O’Neill (c) vs. Miki Motono – Eternal women’s strawweight title
- Mitch Martin (c) vs. Ben Watson – Eternal bantamweight title
- Abel Brites vs. BJ Bland
- Rodolfo Marques vs. Ben Royle
- Steve Warby vs. Duke Didier
- Jacob Malkoun vs. Sebastian Temesi
- Danial Williams vs. Chris Wase