Alex Gorgees will join Australian Top Team team-mate Suman Mokhtarian on the UFC Adelaide card when he faces Damir Ismagulov in less than a fortnight’s time.
The 23-year-old has signed to make his debut with the promotion on the December 2 card taking place at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, headlined by heavyweights Junior dos Santos and Tai Tuivasa.
Sources close to the bout confirmed the news to Fight News Australia.
After a slow start to 2018, Alex Gorgees has fought twice in the last couple of months, both on Melbourne based promotion Hex Fight Series. In September he knocked out veteran lightweight Jai Bradney in the opening round before returning in October to win a decision over Raphael Scott. The win took his record to an unblemished 7-0.
After Ross Pearson was forced out of his bout against Joe Duffy, Ismagulov signed on the dotted line to meet Duffy, only for that to be scrapped not long after with Duffy sustaining an injury. The Russian based fighter is riding an 11-fight win streak and is a multiple time M-1 lightweight champion.
- Junior Dos Santos vs. Tai Tuivasa
- Mark Hunt vs. Justin Willis
- Tyson Pedro vs. Mauricio Rua
- Jake Matthews vs. Tony Martin
- Paul Craig vs. Jim Crute
- Suman Mokhtarian vs. Sodiq Yusuff
- Alexey Kunchenko vs. Yushin Okami
- Ben Nguyen vs. Wilson Reis
- Mizuto Hirota vs. Christos Giagos
- Kai Kara-France vs. Ashkan Mokhtarian
- Keita Nakamura vs. Salim Touahri
- Alex Gorgees vs. Damir Ismagulov